Franklin County, North Carolina
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Franklin County Courthouse in Louisburg. July 1948.
LEGES JURAQUE VINDICAMUS
"We Defend Laws and Justice"
Location within the U.S. state of North Carolina
North Carolina's location within the U.S.
|Named for||Benjamin Franklin|
|• Total||494 sq mi (1,280 km2)|
|• Land||492 sq mi (1,270 km2)|
|• Water||2.8 sq mi (7 km2) 0.6%%|
|• Density||123/sq mi (47/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
History[change | change source]
Law and government[change | change source]
Franklin County is a member of the Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments.
Education[change | change source]
Connected Counties[change | change source]
These counties are connected to Franklin County:
- Warren County, North Carolina - north-northeast
- Nash County, North Carolina - east
- Wake County, North Carolina - southwest
- Granville County, North Carolina - west
- Vance County, North Carolina - north-northwest
- Johnston County, North Carolina - south
- Halifax County, North Carolina - northeast
Cities and Towns[change | change source]
These cities and towns are in Franklin County: