Thomas Fredrik Weybye Barth (22 December 1928 – 24 January 2016) is a Norwegian social anthropologist. He has published several ethnographic books with a clear formalistic view. He was born in Leipzig.
He was a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Boston University. He has previously been a professor at the University of Oslo, the University of Bergen, Emory University and Harvard University. He started the Department of Social Anthropology at the University of Bergen.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Los grupos étnicos y sus fronteras. Introducción (Spanish)
- Los Pathanes: su identidad y conservación (Spanish)
- Barth, Fredrik (born 1928) - Entry in the AnthroBase Online Dictionary of Anthropology
- video interview of Fredrik Barth from Alan Macfarlane's FILMS OF ANTHROPOLOGICAL AND OTHER "ANCESTORS"
- "Overview: Sixty Years in Anthropology" by Fredrik Barth
- Bergen Open Research Archive