|Slogan||Become with us|
|Headquarters||Burbank, California, United States|
|Owner||Christian Broadcasting Network (1977-1990)|
International Family Entertainment (1990-1998)
Fox Family Worldwide Inc. (Fox Entertainment Group/News Corporation; 50%, Haim Saban; 50%)
ABC Family Worldwide Inc.
(Disney–ABC Television Group/The Walt Disney Company)
Freeform (formerly ABC Family) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel. It is owned by ABC Family Worldwide Inc. This is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company. The channel usually shows modern family programs which are aimed for everyone. However, their shows and movies are aimed at teenage girls and young women (age 15-30). Freeform also offers other shows from other channels.
Freeform was founded in 1977. It was first an extension of Pat Robertson's Christian television ministry. It later became The Family Channel in 1990. In 1998, it was sold to Fox Kids. They renamed the channel Fox Family. On October 24, 2001, Fox Family Channel and Fox Family Worldwide were sold to The Walt Disney Company.
Programming[change | change source]
Network slogans[change | change source]
- "Stay with Us" (1977-1985; as CBN Satellite Service and CBN Cable)
- "Just Watch Us" (1985-1988; as CBN Cable)
- "Together, We're Family" (1988-1991; as The CBN Family Channel)
- "The Greatest in the Family" (1991-1995; as The Family Channel)
- "There's Nothing Stronger" (1995-1996)
- "Just Watch Us Now!" (1996-1998)
- "You Belong" (1998-present; as Fox Family)
- "It's Electric" (2000-2001)
- "It's All About You" (2001-2003; as ABC Family)
- "Everything You Want to Know from A to Z" (2003-2006)
- "A New Kind of Family" (2006-2016)
- "The New Name For ABC Family" (2016-present)
- Become with us (2016-present)
References[change | change source]
- "Fox Family Worldwide Inc". Saban. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Katz, Richard (July 10, 1998). "Fox Family squeezes 'Club' in youthful sked". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "News Corp. and Haim Saban Reach Agreement to Sell Fox Family Worldwide to Disney for $5.3 Billion". Saban. July 23, 2001. Archived from the original on 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- DiOrio, Carl (October 24, 2001). "Fox Family costs Mouse less cheese in final deal". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- CBN Logo, YouTube
- CBN--TV Aircheck From The Mid 1980's, YouTube
- CBN Family Channel" (now ABC Family) Sign-Off from Summer 1989, YouTube