Friday the 13th (franchise)
The franchise mainly focuses on the fictional character Jason Voorhees, who drowned as a boy at Camp Crystal Lake.
The original movie, created to cash in on the success of Halloween (1978), was written by Victor Miller and was produced and directed by Sean S. Cunningham. The films have grossed over $464 million at the box-office worldwide.
Movies[change | change source]
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
- Jason X (2002)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Friday the 13th (2009)
Future[change | change source]
In October 2018, it was announced that LeBron James, through his production company Springhill Entertainment alongside Vertigo Entertainment, is in talks to co-produce the next movie in a possible reboot of the franchise.
References[change | change source]
- Grove, David (February 2005). Making Friday the 13th: The Legend of Camp Blood. United Kingdom: FAB Press. pp. 11–12. ISBN 1-903254-31-0.
- Ridgely, Charlie. "Lebron James in Talks to Reboot 'Friday the 13th'". Comic Book. Retrieved October 22, 2018.