|Fudan Public School (1905) |
Private Fudan University (1917–1941)
National Fudan University (1941–1949)
|Motto||博学而笃志，切问而近思 Scientia et studium, quaestīo et cogitatio (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Rich in knowledge and tenacious of purposes, inquiring with earnestness and reflecting with self-practice|
|Founder||Fr. Ma Xiangbo, S.J.|
|Party Secretary||Jiao Yang|
|Postgraduates||14,800 (including doctoral students)|
|3,000 (exchange students)|
220 Handan Rd., Yangpu District,
Jiangwan campus Suburban:
|Affiliations||C9, Universitas 21, AEARU, APRU, BRICS Universities League, Council on Business & Society, Washington University in St. Louis McDonnell International Scholars Academy|
Fudan University (simplified Chinese: 复旦大学; traditional Chinese: 復旦大學; pinyin: Fùdàn Dàxué) is a public research university in Shanghai, China. Most people think it is one of the best universities in China. It was founded in 1905, and was the first university in China started by the people instead of the government. Fudan is part of the C9 League of universities. The Chinese Ministry of Education calls the university a CLass A Double First Class University. This means they think it is very good.
References[change | change source]
- 复旦标志. Fudan University. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "University Name, Motto and Logo". Fudan University. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Best universities in China 2018". Times Higher Education. 6 September 2017.
- "胡锦涛致复旦大学建校100周年的贺信". Archived from the original on 2019-12-04. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
- 教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first-class universities and disciplines).
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fudan University.|