|Died||19 January 2022 (aged 37)|
|Cause of death||Brain trauma caused by a skiing accident|
|Resting place||Père Lachaise Cemetery, Paris|
|Partner(s)||Gaëlle Pietri (2013–2020)|
Gaspard Ulliel (French pronunciation: [ɡaspaʁ yljɛl]; 25 November 1984 – 19 January 2022) was a French actor. He played the young Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal Rising (2007). He also played Yves Saint Laurent in the biopic Saint Laurent (2014). He was a model for Chanel men's fragrance Bleu de Chanel.
Ulliel was nominated for a César Award in 2002 and 2003. In 2004, he won that award for his role in A Very Long Engagement. In 2017, he won a César Award for his role in It's Only the End of the World.
On 18 January 2022, Ulliel was injured while skiing at a resort in Savoie, France. He crashed into another skier and had serious brain trauma because he was not wearing a helmet. He was taken by helicopter to a hospital near La Tronche, France. Ulliel died the next day from his injuries, at the age of 37.
References[change | change source]
- "Gaspard Ulliel, César 2005 du Meilleur Jeune Espoir Masculin dans Un long dimanche de fiançailles". Vimeo. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "L'acteur Gaspard Ulliel victime d'un grave accident de ski à La Rosière en Savoie". France Bleu (in French). 19 January 2022. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- Keslassy, Elsa (19 January 2022). "Gaspard Ulliel, French Actor and 'Moon Knight' Star, Dies at 37 After Ski Accident". Variety. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- "French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies in skiing accident, aged 37". France 24. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- "French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies at 37 after ski accident, says family". The Telegraph. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 19 January 2022.