Gehenna is a valley around Jerusalem. In the Hebrew Bible it is known as the Valley of the Son of Hinnom. The Valley of Hinnom is the modern name for the valley surrounding the Old City of Jerusalem, including Mount Zion. It meets the Kidron Valley near the southeastern corner of the city. It ends near Mamilla neighbourhood in the west.
An ancient river, Gai Ben-Hinnom, passes through the valley.
Gallery[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valley of Hinom.|
- Short guide to today's Valley of Hinnom, with biblical story Archived 2015-10-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Biblical Proper Names on the Valley of Hinnom Archived 2004-05-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Gehenna from the 1901-1906 Jewish Encyclopedia
- The Jewish view of Hell on chabad.org
- Olam Ha-Ba: The Afterlife Judaism 101
- What Is Gehenna? Ariela Pelaia, About religion, about.com
- What is Gehenna Like?: Rabbinic Descriptions of Gehenna Ariela Pelaia, About religion, about.com
- A Christian Universalist perspective from Tentmaker.org
- A Christian Conditionalist perspective on Gehenna from Afterlife.co.nz