Georg Nees (23 June 1926 – 3 January 2016) was a German academic. He was a pioneer of computer art and generative graphics. He studied mathematics, physics and philosophy in Erlangen and Stuttgart and was scientific advisor at the SEMIOSIS, International Journal of semiotics and aesthetics. He was born in Nuremberg, Germany.
In 1977, he was appointed Honorary Professor of Applied computer science at the University of Erlangen Nees is one of the "3N" computer pioneers, an abbreviation that has become acknowledged for Frieder Nake, Georg Nees and A. Michael Noll, whose computer graphics were created with digital computers. He retired in 1985.
References[change | change source]
- Semiosis, http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/kuenstler/nees/biografie/
- Arbeitsberichte des Instituts für Informatik Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, 2003 
- Christoph Klütsch (2007, Juli): Computergrafik: Ästhetische Experimente zwischen zwei Kulturen. Springer, 2007, Page 20, ISBN 9783211394090
- Herbert W. Franke: Grenzgebiete der bildenden Kunst, Staatsgalerie Stuttgart In: Katalog, 1972, Page 69.
- "Georg Nees - Database of Digital Art". dada.compart-bremen.de.