|Senior Advisor to the President|
June 7, 1993 – December 10, 1996
|Preceded by||Rahm Emanuel|
|Succeeded by||Sidney Blumenthal|
|White House Communications Director|
January 20, 1993 – June 7, 1993
|Preceded by||Margaret D. Tutwiler|
|Succeeded by||Mark Gearan|
George Robert Stephanopoulos
February 10, 1961
Fall River, Massachusetts, U.S.
Alexandra Wentworth (m. 2001)
|Education||Columbia University (BA)|
Balliol College, Oxford (MA)
Stephanopoulos is the chief political correspondent for the news division at ABC-TV– and a co-anchor of ABC-TV's morning news program, Good Morning America (GMA). He returned as host of ABC-TV's This Week in January 2012, a Sunday morning news program produced by ABC-TV's news division. He is the main replacement anchor for ABC-TV's newscast program, World News with Diane Sawyer.
In recent years, he has co-hosted ABC News's special live coverage of political events with Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer. He and has often been on GMA and World News. He launched George's Bottom Line, an ABCNews.com blog.
Before he started working for ABC News, he was a senior political adviser to the 1992 U.S. presidential campaign of Bill Clinton. He later became the White House Communications Director for two years. He was replaced by David Gergen. This change came after the Republican party getting control of the U.S. House and Senate in the mid-term elections of 1994.
References[change | change source]
- "Stephanopoulos back to replace Amanpour at ABC's 'This Week,' will remain host of 'GMA'". Archived from the original on 2019-03-30. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Allen, Mike (October 18, 2009). "George Stephanopoulos Role Grows at ABC". The Politico. Retrieved December 21, 2009.
- Fieldstadt, Elisha (April 13, 2020). "ABC's 'Good Morning America' anchor George Stephanopoulos tests positive for coronavirus". NBC News. New York City: NBC. Retrieved April 13, 2020.
- Haneline, Amy (April 13, 2020). "George Stephanopoulos tests positive for COVID-19, hasn't had 'any of the classic symptoms". USA Today. McLean, Virginia: Gannett Company. Retrieved April 13, 2020.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Clinton, Bill (2005). My Life. Vintage (New York City). ISBN 1-4000-3003-X.
- Stephanopoulos, George (1999). All Too Human – A Political Education. Little, Brown (Boston, Massachusetts). ISBN 9780316929196.
Other websites[change | change source]
- abcnews.com/thisweek, This Week with George Stephanopoulos official website
- blogs.abcnews.com/george, George's Bottom Line, an ABC News blog by Stephanopoulos
- George Stephanopoulos on Twitter
- George Stephanopoulos on IMDb
Sam Donaldson and Cokie Roberts
| This Week Anchor
September 15, 2002 – January 10, 2010
Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts
| Good Morning America co-anchor
with Robin Roberts
Since December 14, 2009
| This Week Anchor
Since January 8, 2012