|Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection|
March 7, 2014 – January 20, 2017
|Preceded by||Thomas Winkowski (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Kevin McAleenan|
|6th Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy|
May 7, 2009 – March 7, 2014
|Preceded by||John P. Walters|
|Succeeded by||Michael Botticelli|
|Born||November 23, 1949|
Fort Myers, Florida, U.S.
|Education||University of South Florida, Tampa (BA, MA)|
Richard Gil Kerlikowske (born November 23, 1949) is a former Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection. He assumed office on March 6, 2014 and retired January 20, 2017. He also served as the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy between 2009 and 2014.
References[change | change source]
- CNN, Pamela Brown. "Ex-border chief: 'Don't believe anyone was talked to about a travel ban'". CNN.
- Boston, 677 Huntington Avenue; Ma 02115 +1495‑1000 (13 March 2017). "R. Gil Kerlikowske, Former Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection". Voices in Leadership.
- "Gil Kerlikowske". The Institute of Politics at Harvard University.
- California marijuana legalization goes up in smoke. Reuters. Retrieved on 2010-12-22.
- Abramski, Sasha (2010-12-09) Questions for the Drug Czar, The Nation
- Sullum, Jacob (2010-12-21) ONDCP Director Gil Kerlikowske's Model for Enlightened Drug Policy: Nancy Reagan, Reason
Other websites[change | change source]
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Gil Kerlikowske collected news and commentary at The New York Times
- Interview with Gil Kerlikowske on PMAKid.com