Gilberto José Rodríguez Orejuela (January 30, 1939 – May 31, 2022) was a Colombian former drug lord. He was once one of the leaders of the Cali Cartel, based in the city of Cali. He was born in Mariquita, Tolima, Colombia. Rodríguez Orejuela was serving a 30-year sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution, Butner in North Carolina at the time of his death.
In February 2020, it was announced that Rodríguez Orejuela was diagnosed with colon and prostate cancer. He died at a prison medial center in Butner, North Carolina on May 31, 2022 at the age of 83.
References[change | change source]
- Tiempo, Casa Editorial El (4 December 2004). "EL MÁS GRANDE CAPO EXTRADITADO". El Tiempo.
- "Semana.com - Imprimir". www.semana.com. Archived from the original on 2010-10-24. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "Gilberto Rodríguez será extraditado en pocos días". 31 December 1899.
- "Inmate Locator". www.bop.gov.
- "Cocaine Kingpin Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela Seeks Early Release From Federal Prison". CBS. February 6, 2020.
- Muere Gilberto Rodríguez Orejuela en cárcel de Estados Unidos(in Spanish)