Glengarry Glen Ross (movie)
The world premiere for the movie was at the 49th Venice Film Festival. There Jack Lemmon received the Volpi Cup for the Best Actor. Al Pacino was nominated for an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor. Glengarry Glen Ross was given high marks from critics. It is called a classic movie.
Against a budget of $12.5 million, the movie only took in $10.7 million.
Cast[change | change source]
- Al Pacino as Richard Roma
- Jack Lemmon as Sheldon "Shelley" "The Machine" Levene
- Alec Baldwin as Blake
- Alan Arkin as George Aaronow
- Ed Harris as Dave Moss
- Kevin Spacey as John Williamson
- Jonathan Pryce as James Lingk
- Bruce Altman as Larry Spannel
- Jude Ciccolella as Detective Baylen
Reception[change | change source]
Glengarry Glen Ross has a rating of 95% under Rotten Tomatoes based on 55 reviews. Under Metacritic, the movie has a score of 80 out of 100, meaning "generally favorable reviews". In his review in the Chicago Sun-Times, Roger Ebert said: "Mamet's dialogue has a kind of logic, a cadence, that allows people to arrive at the ends of sentences we could not possibly have imagined."