Gloria La Riva
Gloria La Riva
Gloria La Riva in 2017
|Born||August 13, 1954|
Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.
|Political party||Party for Socialism and Liberation|
|Peace and Freedom Party (affiliated nonmember)|
|Alma mater||Brandeis University|
|Occupation||Newspaper Printer, activist|
Gloria Estela La Riva (born August 13, 1954, in Albuquerque, New Mexico) is an American politician. She works with the Party for Socialism and Liberation and in California with the Peace and Freedom Party, and previously with the Workers World Party.
She was the PSL's 2008 presidential candidate, and was also vying for the nomination of the Peace and Freedom Party in California, but lost the bid to Ralph Nader. La Riva ran as the PSL's presidential candidate in the 2016 race, with Eugene Puryear as her running mate.
References[change | change source]
- Party for Socialism and Liberation (2008-01-18). "Vote PSL in 2008!". Press release. http://www.pslweb.org/site/News2/618315102?page=NewsArticle&id=7993&news_iv_ctrl=1261. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- Watson, George (2008-01-02). "State could shape primaries". San Bernardino County Sun. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- "La Riva / Peltier Presidential Campaign Announcement". Retrieved 25 September 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
- 2016 campaign website
- "Standing for Castro at the US election", a brief report on Gloria La Riva by France 24, October 29, 2008
- "Meet Gloria", profile on Votepsl.org