The Golden Melody Awards (simplified Chinese: 金曲奖; traditional Chinese: 金曲獎; pinyin: Jīn Qǔ Jiǎng) or sometimes shortened to just Golden Melody are music awards annually presented in Taiwan. The Awards began in 1990.
Categories for Awards[change | change source]
- The following awards are currently presented yearly since the 2017 (28th Edition) revision.
- Vocal category (record label)
- Album Of The Year*
- Song Of The Year
- Best Mandarin Album
- Best Taiwanese Album
- Best Hakka Album
- Best Indigenous Language Album
- Best Music Video
- Vocal category (individual accolade)
- Best Composition
- Best Lyrics
- Best Music Arrangement
- Best Album Producer
- Best Song Producer
- Best Male Mandarin Singer
- Best Female Mandarin Singer
- Best Male Taiwanese Singer
- Best Female Taiwanese Singer
- Best Hakka Singer
- Best Indigenous Language Singer
- Best Band
- Best Vocal Group
- Best New Talent
- Best Instrumental Album
- Best Instrumental Album Producer
- Best Instrumental Composer
- Best Instrumental Album Recording
- Best Vocal Album Recording
- Special Contribution Award (1 or 2)
- Jury Award (presented when at least 2/3 of the jurors cast their vote for an album)
* All the Best Album (Mandarin, Taiwanese, Hakka and Indigenous Language) in the Vocal Category (record label) are nominated for Album of the Year.
* Only Abao (Aljenljien Tjaluvie) and Tanya Chua won Best Album and Album of the Year on the year they were nominated (2020 and 2022 respectively)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website at the Government Information Office Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
References[change | change source]
- "SE Asian singers, newcomers vie for Golden Melody Awards". Sina.com. 2005-05-27. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- "2023金曲國際音樂節 - 關於GMA". The Official Website of Golden Melody Awards.