Jump to navigation Jump to search
Most languages have ways to express differences of number.
- That apple on the table is fresh.
- Those two apples on the table are fresh.
Advanced sources[change | change source]
- Greenberg, Joseph H 1972. Numeral classifiers and substantival number: problems in the genesis of a linguistic type. Working Papers on Language Universals 9, Stanford University, pp. 1–39.
- Laycock, Henry 2005. Mass nouns, count nouns and non-count nouns. Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics. Oxford: Elsevier.
References[change | change source]
- "What is Number?", Dictionary of Linguistic Terms, SIL.