Group (periodic table)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Group 1: the alkali metals are the most reactive elements, when mixed with water they form acids.
- Group 2: the alkaline earth metals
- Group 3: the boron family
- Group 4: the carbon family
- Group 5: the nitrogen family (pnictogens) :)
- Group 6: the oxygen family (chalcogens)
- Group 7: the halogens or fluorine family. These are not very reactive.
- Group 8: the noble gases or helium family/neon family. They are known as noble gasses: they do not react to most circumstances.
These groups are listed from most reactive to least reactive.