Guns N' Roses
Guns N' Roses
|Also known as||G N' R, GNR, Guns N' Fuckin' Roses, G N' F'N' R|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Past members||See: List of Guns N' Roses band members|
Guns N' Roses is a popular American hard rock band. The band was formed in Los Angeles, California, USA. The five original members of the band were Axl Rose (lead vocals), Slash (lead guitar), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Duff McKagan (bass, backing vocals), and Steven Adler (drums). The band's most known songs are Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine, Patience, Live and Let Die, November Rain", Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, and Civil War.
The music they made was different from the rock music that was popular in the 1980s. They played harder rock music. It was also closer to traditional rock. Because of this, many music fans became interested in Guns N'Roses. Guns N'Roses was created in Los Angeles in June, 1985. By singer W. Axl Rose, guitarists Tracii Guns and Izzy Stradlin, bassist Ole Beich and drummer Rob Gardner. Axl's old band was named Hollywood Rose, and Tracii's old band was named L.A. Guns. They joined the two names and got the name Guns N' Roses.
In 1985, Guns N' Roses went to Seattle to perform. Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner could not attend the show. Rose called guitarist Slash and drummer Steven Adler, who were his friends. He asked them for help. They agreed, and became permanent members. On the way back to Los Angeles, the five members wrote the lyrics for 'Welcome to the Jungle' which became one of their most famous songs. Then in 1990 Drummer Steven Adler got fired from the band because of his drug abuse. He was replaced by The Cult Drummer Matt Sorum.
Since parting ways with the Appetite for Destruction lineup, Rose has remained a constant member and many lineups have changed since. The last studio album the band released was Chinese Democracy, which had been delayed for over ten years, to mixed reactions. In 2016, Slash and Duff rejoined the band, along with the band's first female member, Melissa Reese.
The band members now[change | change source]
- Axl Rose- Lead Vocals
- Slash - Lead Guitar
- Duff McKagan - Bass, backing vocals
- Dizzy Reed-Keyboards, Piano, backing vocals
- Melissa Reese - Keyboards, backing vocals
- Richard Fortus- Rhythm Guitar, backing vocals, Lead Guitar
- Frank Ferrer- Drums
Discography[change | change source]
- Appetite for Destruction - 1987 (toured in 1987-1988)
- G N' R Lies - 1988 (toured in 1988-1989)
- Use Your Illusion I - 1991 (toured in 1991-1992)
- Use Your Illusion II - 1991 (toured in 1991-1992)
- The Spaghetti Incident? - 1993 (Tour cancelled, initially planned for 1993-1994)
- Live Era: '87-'93 (Gold) - 1999
- Greatest Hits -2004
- Chinese Democracy- 2008 (initially going to release in 1999, but was in development hell for about nine years)
References[change | change source]
- "Guns N' Roses confirm reunion lineup". Consequence of Sound. 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Tavana, Art (2017-05-03). "Guns N' Roses' First Female Member Has Become a Rock Icon". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
Other websites[change | change source]
- LAGUNS - (COVER BAND) - forums, videos, chat, photos Archived 2017-06-26 at the Wayback Machine