Guy Standing sitting in 2012
|Born||9 February 1948|
|Institution||Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN)|
and School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
|Field||Unconditional basic income and deliberative democracy|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge (PhD)|
University of Illinois (MA)
University of Sussex (BA)
|Contributions||Theory of the precariat|
|Awards||Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS)|
Guy Standing (born 9 February 1948) is a British professor of Development Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, and helped start Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN).
Standing has written about labour economics, unemployment, and other areas. His writing now is about basic income and democracy. He wrote the book The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class in 2011.
Honors[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Standing, Guy". Library of Congress. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
found: His Population mobility and productive relations, 1984: CIP t.p. (Guy Standing) data sheet (b. 2/9/48)
- "Professor Guy Standing, Department of Development Studies". School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Standing, Guy (27 January 2012). "The precariat: why it needs deliberative democracy". openDemocracy. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Standing, Guy (2011). The precariat. City: Bloomsbury Academic. ISBN 978-1-84966-455-4.
- "Fellows". Academy of Social Sciences. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guy Standing (economist).|
- Official website
- Le précariat: "une classe en devenir", interview for French webzine Basta!, October 2012
- Conference of Guy Standing at the University of Sydney at YouTube, February 2012
- Precariat And Peasant: Reframing Social Protection For The 21st Century at YouTube, July 2013