HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed
||The user who made most of this page is related to its topic. It may need to be fixed to follow Wikipedia's rules about neutrality. (November 2012)|
Histadrut HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed (Hebrew: הסתדרות הנוער העובד והלומד, lit. The Federation of Working and Studying Youth), sometimes abbreviated to No'al (Hebrew: נוע"ל) is an Israeli youth movement, a sister movement of Habonim Dror. The movement was founded in 1924 by youth working to defend their rights. The first name of the movement was "Hanoar HaOved" ("The Working Youth") and it was connected to the Histadrut (Isarali workers union). in 1959 it was connected with "HaTnua HaMeu'he'det" (Hebrew: התנועה המאוחדת, "The United Movement") and the name was changed to HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed.
In the 1990s, along with the decline of the kibbutz movement, HaNoar HaOved VeHalomed began re-examining the ideal life path of its members, which had always began settling kibbutzim in gar'inim after finishing their mandatory period of army service. Instead, a model started to be put forward in which bogrim ("graduates") of the movement formed small urban communes working in society, particularly in education. Today, there are about 1,000 members of HaNoar HaOved VeHalomed's Tnuat Bogrim ("Movement of Graduates") living in small communes in cities or kibbutzim and working in Israeli Society - mostly in education and the youth movement. The youth movement and the Tnuat Bogrim are called "Dror-Israel" movement, which is named after the historical "Dror" movement in Europe.
Goals of membership[change | change source]
The movement aims that each member aspires to the following goals:
- A movement graduate who sees the human being and his happiness as the central foundation of his creation and lives by this belief.
- A movement graduate who stands for democratic and socialist principles.
- A movement graduate who sees in the Jewish tradition a source of inspiration and influence, not a source of authority.
- A movement graduate whose own responsibility and criticism are the foundations of his life conception and life-style's consolidation.
- A movement graduate who bases his material and cultural existence on his own creation.
- A movement graduate who is involved and active in social changing processes led by his beliefs and concepts.
- A movement graduate whose ambition is to live in the state of Israel and takes part in its defense and building.
- A movement graduate whose ambition is to live in a Kibbutz or in any other socialist and cooperative way of living.
Uniforms[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed|