Hachette Book Group
|Parent company||Hachette Livre|
|Founded||March 31, 2006|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City, United States|
|Key people||Michael Pietsch (CEO)|
Hachette Book Group (HBG) is the third largest trade and educational publishing company in the world. Hachette Livre owns the Hachette Book Group. Lagardère Group owns Hachette Livre. HBG started when Hachette Livre bought the Time Warner Book Group from Time Warner on March 31, 2006. Its headquarters are at 1290 Avenue of the Americas, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Hachette is one of the big-five publishing companies, along with Holtzbrinck/Macmillan, Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, and Simon & Schuster. In one year, HBG publishes about 1400+ books for adults (including 50-100 digital-only titles), 300 books for young readers, and 450 audio books. In 2016, the company had 214 books on the New York Times bestseller list, 44 of which reached #1.
Imprints[change | change source]
- Grand Central Publishing
- Little, Brown and Company
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Hachette Books
- Hachette Nashville
- Orbit Books
- Perseus Books
- Hachette Audio
References[change | change source]
- "Company History". Hachette Company. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "FAQs Archived 2011-04-11 at the Wayback Machine." Hachette Book Group. Retrieved on April 17, 2011. "Hachette Book Group Marketing Department 237 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017"
- "Who Are "The Big Six"?". Fiction Matters. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "About Us". Hachette Company. Retrieved 18 September 2017.