Harrow & Wealdstone station
|Harrow & Wealdstone|
|Local authority||London Borough of Harrow|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||6|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1890||Opened Stanmore branch line (L&NwR)|
|1917||Started (Bakerloo line)|
|1964||Closed Stanmore branch line (BR)|
|1982||Ended (Bakerloo line)|
|1984||Restarted as terminus (Bakerloo line)|
|Listed feature||East side/bridge|
|Added to list||6 September 1989|
13 July 1990
|Lists of stations|
Harrow & Wealdstone station is a station on the Bakerloo Line. The Bakerloo line is a line on London Underground. The station opened for underground trains 1917. It was closed for underground services 1982 but reopened in 1984. It is in travelcard zone 5, so it is near the edge of London. The next stop southbound on the Bakerloo Line is Kenton.
National Rail[change | change source]
Transport connections[change | change source]
Bus routes 140 (24 hour), 182, 186, 258, 340, H9, H10 and night bus route N18 serve various stops beside or near the station. All the buses that serve the station also serve Harrow on the Hill station but not all as direct services.
References[change | change source]
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLSX). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1253982)". National Heritage List for England (NHLE). Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1253986)". National Heritage List for England (NHLE). Retrieved 14 November 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrow & Wealdstone station.|
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive
- Europe's history of rail disasters (BBC)
- Harrow and Wealdstone Disaster
- Train times and station information for Harrow and Wealdstone railway station from National Rail (Station code: HRW)