Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1|
|Directed by||David Yates|
|Screenplay by||Steve Kloves|
|Edited by||Mark Day|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
(Shared with Part 2)
|Box office||$960.3 million|
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 is a 2010 British-American fantasy movie. It is based on the book by J. K. Rowling. The movie was directed by David Yates and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It stars Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, with Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.
Cast[change | change source]
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, one of Harry's best friends.
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, one of Harry's best friends.
- Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange, a Death Eater and Sirius Black's cousin and murderer.
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid, Harry's half-giant friend, and gamekeeper at Hogwarts.
- Warwick Davis as Griphook, a goblin and former employee at Gringotts Bank. Davis replaced Verne Troyer, who portrayed the character physically in the first film, though Davis had dubbed Griphook's lines.
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy, a Death Eater and son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort, an evil, power-hungry wizard, and the leader of the Death Eaters.
- Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore, former headmaster of Hogwarts killed by Severus Snape in the previous film.
- Brendan Gleeson as Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody, a member of the Order of the Phoenix.
- Richard Griffiths as Vernon Dursley, Harry's Muggle uncle.
- John Hurt as Garrick Ollivander, a wandmaker
- Rhys Ifans as Xenophilius Lovegood, the eccentric father of the Harry's friend Luna.
- Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy's father and a disgraced Death Eater.
- Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour, the new Minister of Magic.
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape, a spy to the Death Eaters and the new headmaster of Hogwarts.
- Fiona Shaw as Petunia Dursley, Harry's Muggle aunt.
- Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew, the Death Eater who betrayed Harry's parents to Voldemort.
- Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister and Head of the Muggle-born Registration Commission.
- David Thewlis as Remus Lupin, a member of the Order of the Phoenix and a former teacher at Hogwarts.
- Julie Walters as Molly Weasley, the head of the Weasley family and a mother figure to Harry.
- Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister and Harry's love interest
References[change | change source]
- Frankel, Daniel (17 November 2010). "Get Ready for the Biggest 'Potter' Opening Yet". TheWrap. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
Warner officials say shooting parts 1 and 2 of "Deathly Hallows" (the second part comes out in July) kept cost below the more than $250 million that was spent on 2009's "Half-Blood Prince."
- Lang, Brent (14 July 2011). "'Harry Potter' Looks to Shatter Box Office Record With $150M+ Debut". TheWrap. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
Parts 1 and 2 of "Deathly Hallows" were filmed at a cost of roughly $250 million, essentially giving Warner Bros. a license to print money off the profits it will bank over the upcoming weekend.
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 8 December 2010.