Harvey Forbes Fierstein (born June 6, 1954) is an American actor and playwright. He is known for playing his voice role as Yao in the 1998 animated movie Mulan. He won two Tony Awards and two Drama Desk Awards.
Fierstein was born on June 6, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York. He was raised Jewish, but he is an atheist. Fierstein in openly gay. He now lives in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Fierstein is an activist for Gay Rights as supporter for the Democratic Party.
References[change | change source]
- "Harvey Fierstein Biography". filmreference. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Mark J. Terrill (27 November 2003). "'Hairspray' drag queen to play Mrs. Claus at Macy's parade". USATODAY. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- McKinley, Jesse (2005-01-02). "Fierstein As Tevye: Sounds Crazy, No?". The New York Times. p. 2.5.
I mean, I don't believe in God, I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I pray three or four times a day.
- "Harvey Fierstein". PBS.org. Broadway: The American Musical. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "Harvey Fierstein political contributions". Retrieved 2009-03-21.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harvey Fierstein.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Harvey Fierstein|
- Harvey Fierstein at the Internet Broadway Database
- Harvey Fierstein on IMDb
- Review of Torch Song Trilogy, with information about Fierstein
- TonyAwards.com Interview with Harvey Fierstein
- Donald L. Brooks' memoir of early casting of Fierstein and commissioning and directing Fierstein's first play.