Hema Malini (born 16 October 1948) is an Indian actress, writer, director, producer, dancer and politician. She is known for starring in many Bollywood movies with her husband Dharmendra and with Jeetendra, Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand. She played the "Dream Girl" in the movie of the same name. She has played both comedy and dramatic roles, as well as being a dancer. She was one of the highest paid Indian actresses from 1976 to 1980. During her career, she received eleven nominations for the Filmfare Award  for Best Actress
From 2003 to 2009, Malini was elected to the Rajya Sabha as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. In 2014, Malini was elected to the Lok Sabha.She is also honoured with the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian honour awarded by the Government of India.
References[change | change source]
- "Hemaji @ Hemamalini, ever dream girl turned 65". cinemanewstoday.com. 17 October 2013.
- A dream called Hema Malini. Rediff.com. Accessed 24 September 2009.
- "Top Actresses. Box Office India. Accessed 8 January 2008". Archived from the original on 17 October 2013.
- Friday Review Chennai / Tribute : Bollywood's macho man bids goodbye. Archived 2009-05-06 at the Wayback Machine The Hindu 1 May 2009 Accessed 14 June 2011.
- Top Box Office Draws of Indian Cinema.[permanent dead link] IBOS. Accessed 24 September 2009.
- "Hema Malini was one of the highest-paid actresses in 1976-1980 - Times of India". The Times of India. 30 July 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2019.
- "Filmfare Award for Best Actress". Wikipedia. 2021-05-31.
- Smt. Hema Malini, Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)- Bio Data Press Information Bureau of India. Archived 22 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine