Herne Hill railway station
|Herne Hill 12px|
|Local authority||London Borough of Lambeth|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|– interchange||1.688 million|
|– interchange||1.655 million|
|Original company||London, Chatham and Dover Railway|
|Pre-grouping||South Eastern and Chatham Railway|
|25 August 1862||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
Transport for London has thought of making the Victoria line go to Herne Hill to give faster turnaround at the southern end of the line. The extension is not a high thing for TfL as it has a weaker business case than other projects.
Services[change | change source]
- Two trains per hour (tph) to Luton around Elephant & Castle
- 2 tph to St Albans around Elephant & Castle
- 4 tph to London Victoria around Brixton
- 4 tph to Orpington around Beckenham Junction
- 2 tph to Sutton around Wimbledon
- 2 tph to Sutton around Mitcham Eastfields
On Sunday, northbound Sutton Loop trains change between stopping at Blackfriars and Luton. Late-night Sutton loop services (21:57 onwards) run to Bedford from Monday-Saturday and finish at Blackfriars on Sunday.
First Capital Connect and Southeastern jointly have extra peak trains from Herne Hill to Beford (morning and evening peaks), Beckenham Junction Kent House, Rochester and Swanley (evening peak only).
Buses[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Station facilities for Herne Hill". National Rail Enquiries. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Transport Plan – Southward Extensions, London Assembly Retrieved 29 July 2012
- First Capital Connect 2012, p. 115.
- Southeastern 2012, p. 52.
- Southeastern 2012, p. 34.
- First Capital Connect 2012, p. 107.
- First Capital Connect 2012, p. 120.
- First Capital Connect 2012, p. 116.
- First Capital Connect 2012, pp. 126,115.
- First Capital Connect 2012, pp. 107,123.
- Buses from Herne Hill (PDF). Transport for London. 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2012.