Highbury & Islington station
Location of Highbury & Islington in Greater London
|Location||Highbury & Islington|
|Local authority||London Borough of Islington|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||7|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|— interchange||0.137 million|
|— interchange||0.124 million|
|— interchange||0.174 million|
|— interchange||0.319 million|
|Lists of stations|
Highbury & Islington station is a National Rail, London Overground and London Underground station, in the London Borough of Islington in North London. It serves the suburbs of Highbury and Islington. The name is often shortened to simply Highbury.
The station is on the Underground's Victoria Line, between Finsbury Park and King's Cross St. Pancras. It is also on the National Rail North London Line and Northern City Line. It is in Travelcard Zone 2.
|Finsbury Park to Highbury & Islington|
Future[change | change source]
In 2010 Highbury & Islington will become the new northern terminus of phase one of the East London Railway extension, which will be operated as part of London Overground.
Islington Council is currently considering redeveloping the site of the current station, and Highbury Corner generally, including possibly covering over the North London Line tracks and building an office block above the site..
Gallery[change | change source]
Victoria line (London Underground)[change | change source]
Great Northern (First Capital Connect)[change | change source]
North London Line (London Overground)[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Transport for London - Safety boost as London Underground to take control of 11 Silverlink stations - 5 December 2006.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Highbury & Islington station.|
- A woodcut of the former NLR Highbury Station
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
- GN&CR station building, shortly after the Metropolitan Railway's merger into the London Underground, 1933
- Side entrance to GN&CR building on to Highbury Crescent, 1934
- Ticket hall of GN&CR station, 1935
- Combined ticket hall, 1970
- Northern City Line southbound platform, 1975
- Combined ticket hall, 2005
- Entrance to station (note remnant of original NLR building on left), 2005
- Geoffrey Tribe's Railway Photo Halt
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Walthamstow Central
|North London Line||
|Essex Road||First Capital Connect
Northern City Line
|From Early 2011|
East London Line