Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey
|Borough of Ho-Ho-Kus|
|Incorporated||March 8, 1905 (as Orvil)|
|Reincorporated||October 12, 1908 (as Ho-Ho-Kus)|
|• Body||Borough Council|
|• Mayor||Thomas W. Randall (R, term ends December 31, 2023)|
|• Administrator||William J. Jones|
|• Municipal clerk||Joan Herve|
|• Total||1.75 sq mi (4.53 km2)|
|• Land||1.74 sq mi (4.51 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.63%|
|• Rank||425th of 565 in state|
53rd of 70 in county
|Elevation||121 ft (37 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||409th of 566 in state|
63rd of 70 in county
|• Density||2,350.3/sq mi (907.5/km2)|
|• Rank||259th of 566 in state|
54th of 70 in county
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (Eastern (EDT))|
|GNIS feature ID||0885258|
References[change | change source]
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- 2020 New Jersey Mayors Directory, New Jersey Department of Community Affairs. Accessed February 1, 2020.
- Borough Clerk, Borough of Ho-Ho-Kus. Accessed March 26, 2020.
- 2019 Census Gazetteer Files: New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 1, 2020.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Borough of Ho-Ho-Kus, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed March 5, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 for Ho-Ho-Kus borough, Bergen County, New Jersey Archived February 12, 2020, at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed December 15, 2011.
- Table DP-1. Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2010 for Ho-Ho-Kus borough Archived 2012-04-02 at the Wayback Machine, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Accessed December 15, 2011.
- GCT-PH1 Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for New Jersey Archived February 12, 2020, at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- "Hohokus Or Ho-Ho-Kus?", The Morning Call, January 1, 1940. Accessed June 29, 2020, via Newspapers.com. "Then Hoppertown became Ho-Ho-Kus, the spelling and capitalization intended to set it apart from the township which remained Hohokus. The councilmen thought the capitalization and spelling gave the borough that touch of individualism of which we Americans are so proud. Residents of Ho-ho-kus still hold to that belief.... Hail to the Ho-Ho-Kusite, all 925 of her united population, who are willing to battle the New Deal Administration, the State Government and the Motion Picture industry, in pursuit of an opinion they hold to be right."
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed September 7, 2011.
- Zip Codes, State of New Jersey. Accessed August 28, 2013.
- Area Code Lookup - NPA NX for Ho Ho Kus, NJ, Area-Codes.com. Accessed August 28, 2013.
- U.S. Census website , United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Geographic codes for New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Table 7. Population for the Counties and Municipalities in New Jersey: 1990, 2000 and 2010 Archived 2017-08-07 at the Wayback Machine, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, February 2011. Accessed August 27, 2012.