Jump to navigation Jump to search
Holden is the name of an Australian brand of automobile. Holden can also mean:
Places[change | change source]
In Canada[change | change source]
In Norway[change | change source]
In the United States[change | change source]
- Holden, Louisiana
- Holden, Maine
- Holden, Massachusetts
- Holden, Missouri
- Holden, Utah
- Holden, West Virginia
- Holden Township, Minnesota
- Holden, Vermont
There are also:
Characters[change | change source]
- Caroline Holden, character from the television series Baywatch, portrayed by Yasmine Bleeth.
- Holden Caulfield, the main character in J.D. Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye.
- a.k.a. Holden Worther, Thomas Worther from The Good Girl took his name from J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.
- Holden Carver, the main character in the DC Comics/Wildstorm comic book series Sleeper.
- Judge Holden, a character in Cormac McCarthy's novel Blood Meridian, maybe real.
- Martha Holden, character from the soap opera Home and Away, portrayed by Jodi Gordon.
- The Holdens, minor family from the soap opera One Life to Live.
- Tony Holden, character from the Australian television soap opera Home and Away, portrayed by Jon Sivewright.
- Holden, a character in the movie Blade Runner played by Morgan Paull.
Other[change | change source]
- Holden (lunar crater), a lunar crater attached to the much larger Vendelinus crater.
- Holden (Martian crater), a wide crater on Mars.
- Holden (band), a French pop-rock band.
Surnames[change | change source]
- Alexandra Holden (1977-), American actress
- Albert Fairchild Holden (1866-1913), founder of Holden Arboretum
- Amanda Holden (1971-), English actress
- Anthony Holden (1947-), British journalist
- Bill Holden (1948-), walked for fund-raising for the American Diabetes Association
- Bob Holden (1949-), Former Governor of Missouri
- Charles Holden (1875-1960), British architect
- Clive Holden, Canadian multimedia artist and poet
- Dean Holden (1979-), Northern Irish professional football player
- Edith Holden (1871-1920), British artist and art teacher
- Edward Holden (1885-1947), Australian vehicle manufacturer
- Edward Singleton Holden (1846–1914), American astronomer
- Frank Holden (1952-), Australian entertainer
- Gina Holden (1975-), Canadian actress
- Gloria Holden (1908–1991), English actress
- Hubert Ashton Holden (1822-1896), English classical scholar
- Kate Holden (1972-), Australian writer
- Isaac Holden (1807–1897), English inventor and manufacturer
- Jack Holden (1907-2004), English long-distance runner
- James Holden (1837–1925), English locomotive engineer.
- James Holden (1920-2005), American actor.
- James Holden, electronic music producer and DJ.
- Jan Holden (1931–2005), English actress
- Jennifer Holden (1936-), American actress
- Jody Holden (1968-), Canadian beach volleyball player.
- John Rose Holden (1821–1879), Canadian politician and lawyer
- Jon Robert Holden (1976-), a naturalized Russian professional basketball player, originally from the United States.
- Josh Holden (1978-), Canadian professional ice hockey center.
- Judge Holden (19th century), hypothetical accomplice of the Glanton scalphunter gang
- Kip Holden (1952-), Democratic Mayor-President of East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
- Kristen Holden-Ried, Canadian actor
- Laurie Holden (1966-), American actress
- Lewis Holden, New Zealand economist
- Mari Holden (1971-), American cycle racer
- Marjean Holden, American actress
- Mark Holden (1954-), Australian singer and television personality
- Nate Holden (1929-), served on the Los Angeles City Council from 1987 to 2002
- Oliver Holden (1765-1844), American composer and compiler of hymns
- P. J. Holden (1969-), Northern Irish comic artist
- Perry Greeley Holden (1865–1959), first professor of agronomy in the United States
- Rebecca Holden (1958-), American actress, singer, and entertainer
- Reuben A. Holden, Jr. (1890-1967), American tennis player
- Richard Holden (1927-), American dancer and choreographer
- Richard Holden (1931–2005), Canadian lawyer and member of the National Assembly of Quebec
- Robert Holden, British landscape architect
- S. D. Holden (1870-1917), British engineer, son of James Holden
- Stewart Holden (1979-), British competitive Scrabble player
- Stuart Holden (1985-), Scottish/American football player
- Taylor Holden, aka Wendy Holden, former journalist and novel writer
- Tim Holden (1957-), Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives
- Tony Holden, television producer and director
- Wendy Holden (1965-), British journalist and author of humorous novels
- William Holden (1918–1981), American actor
- William Curry Holden (1896-1993), American historian and archaeologist, first director of the Museum of Texas Tech University
- William Woods Holden (1818–1892), Republican Governor of North Carolina
Other pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Holden.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.