From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Holden is the name of an Australian brand of automobile. Holden can also mean:
Places[change | change source]
In Canada[change | change source]
In Norway[change | change source]
In the United States[change | change source]
- Holden, Louisiana
- Holden, Maine
- Holden, Massachusetts
- Holden, Missouri
- Holden, Utah
- Holden, West Virginia
- Holden Township, Minnesota
- Holden, Vermont
There are also:
Characters[change | change source]
- Caroline Holden, character from the television series Baywatch, portrayed by Yasmine Bleeth.
- Holden Caulfield, the main character in J.D. Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye.
- a.k.a. Holden Worther, Thomas Worther from The Good Girl took his name from J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.
- Holden Carver, the main character in the DC Comics/Wildstorm comic book series Sleeper.
- Judge Holden, a character in Cormac McCarthy's novel Blood Meridian, maybe real.
- Martha Holden, character from the soap opera Home and Away, portrayed by Jodi Gordon.
- The Holdens, minor family from the soap opera One Life to Live.
- Tony Holden, character from the Australian television soap opera Home and Away, portrayed by Jon Sivewright.
- Holden, a character in the movie Blade Runner played by Morgan Paull.
Other[change | change source]
- Holden (lunar crater), a lunar crater attached to the much larger Vendelinus crater.
- Holden (Martian crater), a wide crater on Mars.
- Holden (band), a French pop-rock band.
Surnames[change | change source]
- Alexandra Holden (1977-), American actress
- Albert Fairchild Holden (1866-1913), founder of Holden Arboretum
- Amanda Holden (1971-), English actress
- Anthony Holden (1947-), British journalist
- Bill Holden (1948-), walked for fund-raising for the American Diabetes Association
- Bob Holden (1949-), Former Governor of Missouri
- Charles Holden (1875-1960), British architect
- Clive Holden, Canadian multimedia artist and poet
- Dean Holden (1979-), Northern Irish professional football player
- Edith Holden (1871-1920), British artist and art teacher
- Edward Holden (1885-1947), Australian vehicle manufacturer
- Edward Singleton Holden (1846–1914), American astronomer
- Frank Holden (1952-), Australian entertainer
- Gina Holden (1975-), Canadian actress
- Gloria Holden (1908–1991), English actress
- Hubert Ashton Holden (1822-1896), English classical scholar
- Kate Holden (1972-), Australian writer
- Isaac Holden (1807–1897), English inventor and manufacturer
- Jack Holden (1907-2004), English long-distance runner
- James Holden (1837–1925), English locomotive engineer.
- James Holden (1920-2005), American actor.
- James Holden, electronic music producer and DJ.
- Jan Holden (1931–2005), English actress
- Jennifer Holden (1936-), American actress
- Jody Holden (1968-), Canadian beach volleyball player.
- John Rose Holden (1821–1879), Canadian politician and lawyer
- Jon Robert Holden (1976-), a naturalized Russian professional basketball player, originally from the United States.
- Josh Holden (1978-), Canadian professional ice hockey center.
- Judge Holden (19th century), hypothetical accomplice of the Glanton scalphunter gang
- Kip Holden (1952-), Democratic Mayor-President of East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
- Kristen Holden-Ried, Canadian actor
- Laurie Holden (1966-), American actress
- Lewis Holden, New Zealand economist
- Mari Holden (1971-), American cycle racer
- Marjean Holden, American actress
- Mark Holden (1954-), Australian singer and television personality
- Nate Holden (1929-), served on the Los Angeles City Council from 1987 to 2002
- Oliver Holden (1765-1844), American composer and compiler of hymns
- P. J. Holden (1969-), Northern Irish comic artist
- Perry Greeley Holden (1865–1959), first professor of agronomy in the United States
- Rebecca Holden (1958-), American actress, singer, and entertainer
- Reuben A. Holden, Jr. (1890-1967), American tennis player
- Richard Holden (1927-), American dancer and choreographer
- Richard Holden (1931–2005), Canadian lawyer and member of the National Assembly of Quebec
- Robert Holden, British landscape architect
- S. D. Holden (1870-1917), British engineer, son of James Holden
- Stewart Holden (1979-), British competitive Scrabble player
- Stuart Holden (1985-), Scottish/American football player
- Taylor Holden, aka Wendy Holden, former journalist and novel writer
- Tim Holden (1957-), Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives
- Tony Holden, television producer and director
- Wendy Holden (1965-), British journalist and author of humorous novels
- William Holden (1918–1981), American actor
- William Curry Holden (1896-1993), American historian and archaeologist, first director of the Museum of Texas Tech University
- William Woods Holden (1818–1892), Republican Governor of North Carolina
Other pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.