The humanities include languages, literature, music, philosophy, politics, history, media, the classics, religion, and the visual and performing arts. Additional subjects sometimes included in the humanities are anthropology, area studies, communications and cultural studies, although these are often regarded as social sciences. It was popular in the Renaissance ages.
The arts are usually considered as part of the humanities. These include visual arts such as painting and sculpture, as well as performing arts such as theatre and dance, and literature. Other humanities such as language are sometimes considered to be part of the arts, for example as the language arts.
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Humanities Association - UK
- UK Humanities Hub Archived 2007-09-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Australian Humanities Review Archived 2006-01-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
- Mass Humanities / Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities