I'm Thinking of Ending Things
|I'm Thinking of Ending Things|
|Directed by||Charlie Kaufman|
|Screenplay by||Charlie Kaufman|
|Based on||I'm Thinking of Ending Things|
by Iain Reid
|Edited by||Robert Frazen|
|Music by||Jay Wadley|
I'm Thinking of Ending Things (written as i'm thinking of ending things in lowercase) is a 2020 American psychological horror movie written and directed by Charlie Kaufman. It stars Jesse Plemons, Jessie Buckley, Toni Collette, and David Thewlis. It is based on the 2016 novel of the same name by Iain Reid. It was released on Netflix on September 4, 2020.
Cast[change | change source]
- Jesse Plemons as Jake
- Ryan Laughtner Steele as dancing Jake
- Jessie Buckley as young woman, referred to by several names throughout the film, including Lucy, Louisa, Lucia and Ames.
- Unity Phelan as dancing young woman
- Toni Collette as mother
- David Thewlis as father
- Guy Boyd as janitor
- Frederick E. Wodin as dancing janitor
- Hadley Robinson as Laurey and Tulsey Town girl 1
- Gus Birney as Aunt Eller and Tulsey Town girl 2
- Abby Quinn as student and Tulsey Town girl 3
- Colby Minifie as Yvonne
- Anthony Grasso as diner manager
- Teddy Coluca as diner customer
- Jason Ralph as Yvonne's boyfriend
- Oliver Platt as the voice
References[change | change source]
- Oscars: What the Crafts Nominees Are Doing Next
- Canfield, David (July 16, 2020). "Exclusive: Charlie Kaufman previews his wild Netflix film I'm Thinking of Ending Things". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 27, 2020.
- O'Neill, Mae Harrington (11 August 2020). "I'm Thinking of Ending Things release date, cast, synopsis, trailer and more". Netflix Life. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- "I'm Thinking of Ending Things review – another superb nightmare courtesy of Charlie Kaufman". The Guardian. August 27, 2020. Retrieved August 29, 2020.
- Rooney, David (August 27, 2020). "I'm Thinking of Ending Things: Film review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 29, 2020.