I'm from Barcelona
I'm from Barcelona is an indie rock group from Sweden. It has 29 members. It was started in 2005 by the group's lead vocal and founder, Emanuel Lundgren. Their first full-length EP was made in 2006 and was called "Let Me Introduce My Friends". It received many good reviews. In 2008, they came out with a second album called "Who Killed Harry Houdini?".
The group uses multiple instruments such as drums, guitars, tubas, banjos, and others.
History[change | change source]
In 2005, Emanuel Lundgren wrote several songs and gathered his friends to record them. Weeks later, a homemade EP was completed. A one-time live show with all 29 band members in it was performed in August 2005.
EMI Sweden signed the band and Dolores Recordings released the EP Don't Give Up On Your Dreams, Buddy! on February 15, 2006. This featured the band's first hit "We’re From Barcelona". This was named after Manuel, a character on BBC Television's Fawlty Towers ("He’s from Barcelona"). Their first full-length album, called Let Me Introduce My Friends, was released on April 26, 2006 in Sweden. International releases followed, including an EMI UK release on 11 September 2006. In 2006 Lundgren did a Take-Away Show video session shot by Vincent Moon.
In July 2008, it was announced that the band would release a full-length album in Autumn 2008. This would be called Who Killed Harry Houdini?. The album features French singer Soko on the track "Gunhild". The album was released on October 14, 2008. To promote it, they toured the UK. They finished at the Scala, London on 25 November 2008.
They appeared on the children's program Yo Gabba Gabba in 2008.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- Let Me Introduce My Friends (2006)
- Who Killed Harry Houdini? (2008)
- 27 songs from Barcelona (2010)
- Forever Today (2011)
EP/Singles[change | change source]
- "Sing!!" - 98B (August 2005)
- "Don't Give Up on Your Dreams, Buddy!" - Dolores Recordings (February 15, 2006)
- "Collection of Stamps" CD Single - EMI Sweden (April 12, 2006)
- "Treehouse" - (August 9, 2006)
- "Britney" CD Single - Dolores Recordings/EMI Sweden (July 16, 2007)
References[change | change source]
- "Biography : I'm from Barcelona". I'm from Barcelona. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Discography : I'm from Barcelona". Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "I'm From Barcelona - Who Killed Harry Houdini? CD". CD Universe. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Past shows : I'm from Barcelona". Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Members : I'm from Barcelona". I'm from Barcelona. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- The Guardian - Stockholm syndrome Retrieved on January 4th, 2008.