ITA Airways is an Italian airline and the flag carrier of that country. The airline is expected to take over the assets and routes of the former Italian flag carrier, Alitalia. ITA belongs to the SkyTeam alliance.
|Founded||11 November 2020|
|Commenced operations||15 October 2021|
|Parent company||Government of Italy (via Ministry of Economy and Finance)|
|Headquarters||Rome, Lazio, Italy|
On September 30, 2021, ITA announced that the airline will work with Airbus as a "strategic partner" with the airline, this included the announcements of the future of the ITA fleet. The airline also announced a memorandum with Airbus for the purchase of 10 Airbus A330neo aircraft, 7 Airbus A220 and 11 Airbus A320neo, a total of 28 new aircraft; along with an agreement with Air Lease Corporation for the lease of an additional 31 new Airbus aircraft (this includes the lease of the Airbus A350-900).
References[change | change source]
- Buyck, Cathy. "Alitalia Successor ITA Moves Closer to Mid-October Launch". Aviation International News. Retrieved 2021-08-23.
- "The Aviation Codes Website - Airline Codes beginning with". www.avcodes.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-08-23.
- "Regulations.gov". www.regulations.gov. Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- Kaminski-Morrow, David (2021-09-30). "Italy's ITA outlines Airbus-driven fleet plan including A330neos and A350s". Flight Global. Retrieved 2021-09-30.
- Kleps, Kochan (2021-09-30). "Sidestick Tops Yoke: ITA to Takeoff with Airbus Fleet". Airways Magazine. Archived from the original on 2021-10-15. Retrieved 2021-09-30.