Ian Michael Chappell (born 26 September 1943) is a retired Australian cricketer and commentator. He played for South Australia and Australia. He captained Australia between 1971 and 1975. He was born in Unley, South Australia.
He retired in 1980. He became a cricket commentator, working for Channel Nine. Chappell was added into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 1986, the FICA Cricket Hall of Fame in 2000 and the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame in 2003. In July 2009, Chappell was added into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
References[change | change source]
- MCG biography: Ian Chappell. Retrieved 20 August 2007. Archived 4 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- An Aussie to the core. Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 September 2007.
- ESPN-STAR sports sign Ian Chappell. Archived 2007-12-05 at the Wayback Machine The Hindu. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- Sport Australia Hall of Fame: Ian Chappell. Archived 1 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 12 November 2007.
- Cricket's Hall of Fame welcomes five new members. Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 August 2007.
- Arjun Wadhwa (9 July 2009). "Chappell, May, Graveney inducted into Hall of Fame". TheSportsCampus. Archived from the original on 12 November 2018. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Ian Chappell diagnosed with skin cancer". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 July 2019.