If Only I Could
|If Only I Could |
|Written by||Lim Gim Lan |
Kao Lie Boon
|Directed by||Loo Yin Kam |
Chen Yi You
|Starring||Rui En |
|Ending theme||最美的时光 by Alfred Sim|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer(s)||Chong Liung Man|
|Running time||approx. 46 minutes (excluding advertisements)|
|Original network||Mediacorp Channel 8|
|Original release||31 May –|
27 June 2016
|Preceded by||The Truth Seekers|
|Followed by||The Dream Job|
|Related shows||Rhythm of Life (2008)|
If Only I Could (Chinese: 十年…你还好吗？) is a Singaporean drama television series. It is produced and shown on Mediacorp Channel 8. It began its run from 31 May 2016. There are 20 episodes. It stars Rui En, Paige Chua, Andie Chen and Elvin Ng as the main characters.
Plot[change | change source]
Chen Zhenhao struggles to keep her family together despite a disapproving mother-in-law, an easygoing husband too generous with his meagre earnings, and a son with hyperactivity.
Huo Xiwen endures marital problems with her husband Huang Degang and suffers a miscarriage after an accident.
Zhenhao is later diagnosed with breast cancer, and together with her former schoolmate and rival, Xiwen, who’s also seen her share of misfortune, the pair travel back in time to start their lives over and avoid all the mistakes they’ve made. But the two long-suffering wives realise they’re worse off than before.
Cast[change | change source]
- Rui En as Chen Zhenhao
- Paige Chua as Huo Xiwen
- Andie Chen as He Daxian
- Elvin Ng as Huang Degang
- Tracy Lee as Liu Kaiqin
- Hong Huifang as Li Xiumei
- Li Wenhai as Huo Zhiyong
- Lin Meijiao as Ceng Wanjie
- Rynn Lim as Lin Sen
- Hayley Woo as He Xiaoqi
- Youyi as Hui Ling
- Sun Yi En as younger Wen Fang
Trivia[change | change source]
- Elvin Ng's first role as an antagonist.
- Tracy Lee's first drama after her change to a per-project contract.
References[change | change source]
- "Rui En gets 'dolled down' for If Only I Could". Toggle. 3 November 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "瑞恩素颜"增胖"演安娣 陈邦鋆明年再攻台" (in Chinese). Toggle. 3 November 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Tracy Lee to study early childhood education". Toggle. 13 November 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- Tammi Tan (17 May 2016). "Accident saga taught Rui En to appreciate loved ones more". Toggle. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "瑞恩笑谈增肥压力大 不愿再为角色牺牲" (in Chinese). Toggle. 18 May 2016.
- Toh Zi Yi (20 May 2016). "Elvin Ng: From goody-two-shoes to playboy". Toggle. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- Dion Tang (20 May 2016). "黄俊雄自认有爱情滋润 床戏多很尴尬" (in Chinese). Toggle. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- May Seah (17 May 2016). "'All of us have regrets': Rui En". Today Online. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- May Seah (30 May 2016). "Andie Chen the anti-idol". Today Online.