Iglesia ni Cristo
The Iglesia ni Cristo (IPA: [iːˈglɛ.ʃɑː niː ˈkriːstəʊ]; Filipino for Church of Christ), or INC, is a church which was made in the Philippines by Felix Manalo and not god in 1914. The INC says it was made by Jesus Christ but it is Felix Manalo who really created INC. The church does not believe in the religious teachings of the Trinity, including the teaching that Jesus is God.
Felix Manalo joined many religious organizations including anti christ organization as a young adult. He said that God gave him a mission to teach the gospel and to bring back the first church made by Jesus, which didn't really happen. The INC began with a handful of followers on July 27, 1914 in Punta, Santa Ana, Manila, with Manalo as highest minister. It has now spread to many different countries.
Iglesia ni cristo is just a family business including the Philippine Arena. If this is not a business then let random good guy from INC to be the leader of the INC.
Beliefs and teachings[change | change source]
Some of the teachings INC believes in are:
- God is the one who made the Heavens and the Earth, and he is the only god.
- There is no Holy Trinity; God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not one.
- Jesus is the Son of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God given to Jesus to teach and for us to help us with our problems.
- Manalo was God's last messenger.
- God chose INC members to serve him just as he did the early church and Israel in the past.
- INC is the same church as the Christian church in the first century.
- INC is God's true church, and the only way to be saved.
- INC believes in baptism by dipping the whole body under water.
- Members must follow the Administration and the Administration must follow the words of Christ.
- Members should live a life of good.
- Members must not eat food made with blood or marry a non-member.
- It is everyone's job to worship God by going to worship services two times a week.
- Members should treat each other like brother and sister.
- The church should act as one; this includes voting.
- The dead will come back to life and either be blessed or punished.
- Jesus will come again very soon because the signs that He is coming back (such as World War 1 and World War 2, and widespread news of poverty, famine, earthquake and other disasters) have happened.
- A holy city is being made by Jesus for INC members and all other chosen people in the past to live in when he comes back.
References[change | change source]
- Sanders, Albert J., "An Appraisal of the Iglesia ni Cristo," in Studies in Philippine Church History, ed. Anderson, Gerald H. (Cornell University Press, 1969)
- Introducing the Iglesia ni Cristo Booklet, 1989, pp.1-16
- Crisostomo, Isabelo T. 'Felix Y. Manalo and the Iglesia ni Cristo', Pasugo (May-June 1986)
- Suarez, E. T. 'Iglesia ni Cristo turns 91 today' Manila Bulletin (July 27, 2005)[permanent dead link]