Ingrid Espelid Hovig
Ingrid Espelid Hovig (3 June 1924 – 3 August 2018) was a Norwegian television chef and author of cook books. With her appearances on her cooking show Fjernsynskjøkkenet over 26 years, between 1970 and 1996, she came to be considered the "culinary mother" of Norway,she was called "the Julia Child of Norway" often. Hovig was born on Askøy, near Bergen.
Hovig died at the age of 94 on 3 August 2018 in Bergen.
References[change | change source]
- Carlsen, Helge. "Ingrid Espelid Hovig er død". NRK (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Strømholm, Gøril, NRK.no (13 December 2005). Stemmer fra NRK: Hovig, Ingrid Espelid (Norwegian)
- Bokklubben.no (1 November 2007). Hele Norges matmor (Norwegian)
- Wedum, Mari, Aftenbladet (27 July 2007). Norges eldste matridder (Norwegian)
- International Association of Culinary Professionals Hats Off to Julia: Worldwide IACP Grassroots Event
Other websites[change | change source]
- Ingrid Espelid Hovig profile Gyldendal publishing house