The Instagram egg is a picture of an egg posted by the account @world_record_egg on the social media platform Instagram. It became a global phenomenon and an internet meme within days of its creation. It holds the world record for both the most-liked Instagram post and most liked online post on any website in history.[A]
Notes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Tasimone, Ashley (14 January 2019). "An Egg Dethrones Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott's Baby for Most Liked Instagram Photo Ever". Billboard. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Thorne, Dan (14 January 2019). "Egg photo breaks Kylie Jenner's record for most liked image on Instagram". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- News Desk (14 January 2019). "'Egg' becomes most-liked Instagram post". Globalvillagespace.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Bromwich, Jonah Engel; Maheshwari, Sapna (3 February 2019). "Meet the Creator of the Egg That Broke Instagram". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Murdoch, Morgan Sung and Cassie (3 February 2019). "The person behind the World Record Egg has been revealed". Mashable. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Specter, Francesca (4 February 2019). "Lifestyle: Instagram egg that beat Kylie Jenner's 'most liked' record revealed as mental health ad". Yahoo Style UK. Retrieved 4 February 2019.