Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera
Manager & curator
|Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (2006-2014);|
Flanders Marine Institute (2016-current)
The Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera (IRMNG) is a database of life.
It includes published scientific names for all domains of life from 1758 in zoology (1753 in plants, flowers, and trees) up to the present. It has a consistent order. The database holds over 1.7 million species names (1.3 million listed as "accepted").
Database location and hosting[change | change source]
The database was created by Australian biologist and data manager Tony Rees in 2006. For his work on this and other projects, the Global Biodiversity Information Facility awarded him the 2014 Ebbe Nielsen Prize. IRMNG identifiers have also been associated with numerous Wikipedia taxon pages, based on content harvested from IRMNG and stored in Wikidata.
Related pages[change | change source]
- Rees, Tony (2008). "18.8. IRMNG—the Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera" (PDF). The Proceedings of TDWG. 2008: 72–73.
- Rees, Tony; Vandepitte, Leen; Decock, Wim; Vanhoorne, Bart (2017). "IRMNG 2006–2016: 10 years of a global Taxonomic Database". Biodiversity Informatics. 12: 1–44. doi:10.17161/bi.v12i0.6522. Archived from the original on 2020-10-29. Retrieved 2021-09-07.
- Rees, Tony; Vandepitte, Leen; Vanhoorne, Bart; Decock, Wim (2020). "All genera of the world: an overview and estimates based on the March 2020 release of the Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera (IRMNG)". Megataxa. 1: 123–140. doi:10.11646/megataxa.1.2.3.
References[change | change source]
- "CSIRO's Tony Rees named 2014 Ebbe Nielsen Prize winner". GBIF. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- Wikidata: IRMNG ID (P5055)
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikidata has the property: