Interjet was a low-cost airline based in Mexico begun in 2005. Mexico City International Airport is Interjet's hub. Interjet mainly flies Airbus A320 and Sukhoi Superjet airplanes from Mexico to the USA, Central America and South America.
|Founded||5 March 2005|
|Commenced operations||1 December 2005|
|Ceased operations||December 2020|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Interjet|
|Parent company||Grupo Alemán|
|Headquarters||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Key people||Alejandro del Valle (President and Chairman)|
Carlos Rello (CEO)
Erick Peña Bonola (CFO)
In 2014, Interjet began an agreement with American Airlines and Iberia. As of December 2020 the CFO Erick Peña Bonola announced the suspension of all operations and from the IATA for its non-payment of debt, primarily from fuel costs. The airline's website is currently inactive, as reported by sources.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Interjet- A Brief History and Flight Review - Airchive". Archived from the original on 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2015-03-09.
- ↑ "JO 7340.2J - Contractions - Including Change 1" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. 10 October 2019. pp. 3-1-1, 3-2-1, 3-3-3. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- ↑ "ABC Aerolineas (Interjet) Air Operators Certificate". av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?. Archived from the original on 26 July 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- ↑ http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-interjet-announce-codeshare-140000460.html
- ↑ http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/06/26/iberia-and-interjet-reach-code-sharing-agreement-covering-mexico-flights/
- ↑ "Interjet preparaba posible regreso en febrero pero desaparecio" [Interjet was preparing a possible return in February but disappeared]. La Verdad Noticas (in Spanish). GELV COMERCIALIZADORA DE MEDIOS S.A. DE C.V. 10 January 2021. Retrieved 11 January 2021.