Iron Man could mean:
Comics[change | change source]
- Iron Man, a popular comic book character
- Iron Man 2020, a comic book villain and Iron Man's cousin
- Ultimate Iron Man, a comic book miniseries
Sports[change | change source]
The term "Iron Man" is used in multiple sports for players with long streaks of consecutive games. For example, the term "Iron Man of Baseball" refers to either Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken, Jr.. As of March 31, 2007, the current regular season ironmen in the four major North American sports are:
The term "iron man" can also be used to describe a game that is played by oneself whereas additional players would normally be required. It is also used in the Arena Football League for any player that plays both offensive and defensive positions.
The term could also mean:
- Travis Fulton, an American mixed martial arts fighter, known as "The Iron Man"
- Ivan Stewart, an off road racing driver, known as "Ironman"
- Ironman Triathlon, a long-distance Triathlon race held annually in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Ironman (surf lifesaving), a multi-disciplinary surf lifesaving event
- Iron Man match, a type of a professional wrestling match
Books[change | change source]
- The Iron Man (novel), a 1968 novel by Ted Hughes
- Iron Man (1930 novel), a novel by William R. Burnett
- Ironman (1995 novel), a novel by Chris Crutcher
Magazine[change | change source]
- Iron Man (magazine), a bodybuilding and weight-training magazine
Movies[change | change source]
- Iron Man (film), a 2008 American film based on the Marvel Comics character
- Tetsuo: The Iron Man, a 1989 Japanese film
- Man of Iron, a 1981 Polish film directed by Andrzej Wajda
Music[change | change source]
- "Iron Man" (song), a song by Black Sabbath from their 1970 album Paranoid
- "Ironman", a 1988 cover of the above song by Sir Mix-a-Lot
- Ironman (album), a 1996 album by Ghostface Killah
- Iron Man (Eric Dolphy album), a 1963 album by Eric Dolphy
- Iron Man (band), an American doom metal band established in 1988
- The Iron Man: A Musical, a 1989 Pete Townshend album
Television[change | change source]
- A segment of the 1960s TV series The Marvel Superheroes Show featuring the Iron Man comic book character
- Iron Man (TV series), an 1994 animated series
- The Japanese title of the Americanized anime series Gigantor
Other[change | change source]
- Der Eiserne Mann, an iron pillar from the late Middle Ages, located in Germany
- Iron: Man, a 1993 sculpture by Antony Gormley in Birmingham, England
- Ironman Datalink, a version of Timex Corporation's watch marketed in conjunction with the Ironman Triathlon
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ironman.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.