Khan in 2015
Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan
7 January 1967
|Died||29 April 2020 (aged 53) |
Sutapa Sikdar (m. 1995)
|Honours||Padma Shri (2011)|
Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan (7 January 1967 – 29 April 2020), credited as Irrfan Khan or simply Irrfan, was an Indian movie actor. He was born in Tonk, Rajasthan, India. In 2011, Khan was awarded the Padma Shri.
Khan has garnered the National Film Award for Best Actor in the 60th National Film Awards 2012 and a Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his performance in Paan Singh Tomar. He also appeared in The Namesake, The Darjeeling Limited, the Academy Award winner Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi, New York, I Love You, The Amazing Spider-Man, Jurassic World, and Inferno.
References[change | change source]
- "Irrfan Khan, Indian Actor in 'Life of Pi', Dies of Cancer Aged 54". The New York Times. 29 April 2020. Archived from the original on 29 April 2020. Retrieved 29 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Irrfan Khan laid to rest in Mumbai family friends attend last rites". DNA India. 29 April 2020. Archived from the original on 9 June 2020. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "Irrfan Khan". Irrfan.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Press Information Bureau (PIB), India. "60th National Film Awards Announced" (PDF). Press release. http://pib.nic.in/archieve/others/2013/mar/d2013031801.pdf. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- CNN, Lisa Respers France,. "'Life of Pi' star Irrfan Khan reveals he has a rare tumor". CNN. Retrieved 2018-03-16.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Life of Pi actor has rare tumour". BBC News. 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- Irrfan Khan passes away
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irrfan Khan.|