Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini
18 June 1952
|Occupation||Actress, filmmaker, author, model, philanthropist|
|Spouse(s)||Martin Scorsese (1979–1982)|
Jonathan Wiedemann (1983–1986)
|Partner(s)||David Lynch (1986–1991)|
Gary Oldman (1994–1996)
|Parent(s)||Roberto Rossellini (deceased)|
Ingrid Bergman (deceased)
Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini (born 18 June 1952) is an Italian-American actress and writer. She has performed in many movies. She has written a lot of books. She is also a philanthropist.
Awards[change | change source]
Rossellini received a 1987 Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead for her role in Blue Velvet. In 1997, she received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV for her role in Crime of the Century. She received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her work on the television series Chicago Hope. Also in 1997, Rossellini was awarded The George Eastman Award. In 1998, she received an Honourable Mention at the 48th Berlin International Film Festival for her role in the movie Left Luggage.
Personal life[change | change source]
Rossellini has dual United States and Italian citizenship.
She was married to Martin Scorsese from 1979 to 1982. After her marriage to Scorsese ended, she married Jon Wiedemann (1983–1986). He is a Harvard-educated model from Texas. Later, she dated David Lynch, Gary Oldman, and Gregory Mosher.
Credits[change | change source]
Filmography[change | change source]
Television[change | change source]
Theatre[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Isabella Rossellini". The New York Times. Baseline. All Movie Guide. 2014. Archived from the original on 25 January 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "18th June, Isabella Rossellini at 60 – The 60th birthday of Isabella Rossellini". Magnum Photos. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Isabella Rossellini". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- List of award recipients Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine at Eastman House web site
- "Berlinale: 1998 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- Isabella Rossellini (2001-11-06). "In Defense of Fallaci". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-02-09. More than one of
- Isabella Rosselini at Yahoo Movies
- Isabella Rosselini at IMDb
- "Green Porno Press Kit" (PDF). Sundancechannel.com. The Sundance Channel. 2008-03-24. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2012-08-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Isabella Rossellini at Wikimedia Commons