Islam in China
Muslims have been in China for the last 1,400 years, and have interacted with Chinese society. Muslims live in every region in China. Various sources estimate different numbers of Muslims in China. Some sources indicate 2% of the total population in China are Muslims. Xinjiang in the northwest is the province with most Muslims.
References[change | change source]
- Dru C. Gladney 2003. Islam in China: accommodation or separatism? The China Quarterly. 
- Armijo, Jackie 2006. Islamic education in China. Harvard Asia Quarterly 10 (1). 
- "East Asia/Southeast Asia :: China — The World Factbook - Central Intelligence Agency". www.cia.gov.
- Bentley, Jerry H.; Ziegler, Herbert (2007). Traditions and encounters: a global perspective on the past. McGraw-Hill. p. 586. ISBN 0073406937.
Other websites[change | change source]
- "A Sketch of the Islamic Law" is an old book, from the year 1797, made in China