Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
|Written by||Aakash Pandey|
|Directed by||Arshad Khan|
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargam and Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||405|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original release||6 June 2011 – 30 November 2012|
March 2016 –
|Related shows||Bojhena Se Bojhena|
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (इस प्यार को क्या नाम दूं?; English: What Name Do I Give To This Love?) is an Indian soap opera. It is shown during the daytime on weekdays, on Star Plus. It originally ran from 6 June 2011 until 30 November 2012. The show is mainly about the romance between Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani).
The series is done in Hindi. The actors' voices have been recorded over (dubbing) in Tamil (as Idhu Kadhala), Telugu (as Chuppulu Kalisina Shubhavela), Malayalam (as Mounam Sammadham), Turkish (as Bir Garip Ask) and Arabic (as Men Nazra Thanya).
The show stopped being made in 2012. This was because Sobti, who plays the main character, quit the show. Three years later, in November 2015, a web series of eight episodes was released. It continued the story, and Sobti returned to play Arnav. The web series was successful. Because of its success, the television series was renewed for another 30 episodes. It is to be shown on Star Plus in March 2016.
For his role as Arnav, Sobti won "Favorite TV Drama Actor" at the People's Choice Awards in 2012, and "Best Actor Popular" at the Indian Television Academy Awards in 2012. Sobti and Irani also won the Indian Telly Award for "Best Onscreen Couple" in 2012.
Plot[change | change source]
Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) is a successful businessman in India. He is the owner of AR Designs. He is popularly known as ASR in the business world. He is ruthless and egoistic though sophisticated in his behaviour. He believes that money is the most important thing in the world. He is an atheist and does not believe in rituals, customs and traditions. He does not believe in marriage and wanted to maintain a living relationship with his ex-girlfriend Lavanya Kashyap. Besides this, he loves his elder sister Anjali (Daljeet Kaur Bhanot) and respects his elders. He suffers from diabetes from an early age. He has hobbies of planting and gardening. However his arrogant and ruthless attitude changes when he falls in love with Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani).
Khushi is hired as Arnav's assistant. She is a simple, traditional girl. She is also an orphan, but she believes in the power of love and maintains a strong faith in God. Despite their differences, they are attracted to each other. They eventually get married.
References[change | change source]
- Awaasthi, Kavita (22 December 2014). "I don't need to justify myself: Barun Sobti". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Lead actors who've quit TV shows". The Times of India.
- "Popular TV actors making a comeback - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti back in IPKKND". The International Business Times. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "2012 And the winners are..." People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "Indian Telly Awards".
- "2011 Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "All is fair for a role!". The Times of India.
- "Small screen TRP rockers of 2012". The Times of India.
- Kumari, Barkah (26 November 2014). "Bollywood is now open to TV actors: Barun Sobti". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "TV's favourite brother-sister jodis". The Times of India.
- "Arnav thinks about Khushi". STAR India. 6 April 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "hotstar - Watch TV Shows, Movies & Live Cricket Matches Online". Hotstar.