The Party of Tatar National Independence İttifaq or Ittifak (Tatar: Cyrillic Татар милли бәйсезлек партиясе "Иттифак", Latin Tatar Milli Bäysezlek Partiäse "İttifaq", Russian: Татарская партия национальой независимости "Иттифак" ) is a political party, founded in the Tatar ASSR in April, 1990, and officially registered on January 3, 1992. Ittifaq was the first non-communist party in Tatarstan. It is commonly referred to as a Tatar nationalist party. It was named in honour of Ittifaq al-Muslimin, a pre-revolutionary Muslim political party represented in the parliament (Duma) of the czarist Russia.
The goals, as claimed by the party, are:
- revival of the Tatar nation
- restoring Tatar statehood
- recognition of the Tatar state as an international entity.
References[change | change source]
- http://guides.rusarchives.ru/browse/guidebook.html?bid=23&sid=319930 (Russian)
- Татар милли бәйсезлек партиясе "Иттифак"