Israel Goodman Young or Izzy Young (26 March 1928 – 4 February 2019) was an American-Swedish folklorist, businessman, columnist and writer. He was known in the world of folk music. He was the former owner of the Folklore Center in Greenwich Village, New York. He owned and operated the Folklore Centrum store in Stockholm.
References[change | change source]
- Dylan, Bob (2004). Chronicles: Volume One. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-2815-4.
- "Bob Dylan's Carnegie Hall Debut: A Half Century Later", carnegiehall.org, The Carnegie Hall Corporation, Friday, November 4, 2011.
- Fox, Margalit (February 5, 2019). "Izzy Young, Who Presided Over the Folk Revival, Dies at 90". nytimes.com. Archived from the original on 2019-02-05. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Izzy Young.|
- Acoustic evenings at Folklore Centrum
- Bob Dylan: Influences Map: Izzy Young at the Wayback Machine (archived July 20, 2006)
- Bob Dylan: "Talking Folklore Center"
- Izzy Young's Folklore Center