Jeannette Theresa Dubois
August 5, 1932/1938/1945
New York City, U.S.
or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||February 17, 2020|
Glendale, California, U.S.
|Known for||Willona Woods – Good Times|
Ma Bell – I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Ms. Avery – The PJs
(m. 1950–?; divorced)
Janet T. DuBois (August 5, 1932 – February 17, 2020), better known as Ja'Net DuBois, was an American actress, and singer. She was best known for her role as Willona Woods in the sitcom Good Times (1974–1979). DuBois co-wrote and sang the theme song "Movin' on Up" for television series The Jeffersons. She also won two Primetime Emmy Awards for her voice work in The PJs.
DuBois was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She grew up in Amityville, New York, on Long Island. She had four children.
DuBois died on February 17, 2020 in Glendale, California of cardiac arrest. She also had hypertension, peripheral artery disease and kidney disease.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "'Good Times' Ja'Net DuBois dies; co-wrote 'Jeffersons' theme". Los Angeles: Associated Press. February 19, 2020. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ↑ "Death Certificate of Ja'Net DuBois" (PDF). Los Angeles County Department of Health. March 12, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
- 1932 births
- 2020 deaths
- Deaths from cardiac arrest
- Deaths from hypertension
- Deaths from kidney disease
- Deaths from peripheral artery disease
- Actors from New York (state)
- Singers from New York (state)
- Writers from New York (state)
- Actors from Philadelphia
- Singers from Philadelphia
- Writers from Philadelphia
- African-American movie actors
- African-American singers
- African-American television actors
- African-American voice actors
- African-American stage actors
- American dancers
- American singer-songwriters
- Emmy Award winning actors