Jackie Shroff at the GQ Best Dressed Awards event in 2017
|Occupation||Actor, model, producee|
|Spouse(s)||Ayesha Dutt (1987 – present)|
Jai Krishan Kakubhai Shroff (screen name: Jackie Shroff) is an Indian actor. He has been working for four decades (about 40 years) in the Bollywood film industry. He has appeared in about 220 films in various Indian languages, including Hindi, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, Kannada, Bengali, Konkani and Bhojpuri.
Film[change | change source]
In 1983, Shroff made his acting debut in Dev Anand's movie Swami Dada.In 1983, Subhash Ghai gave him a lead (main) role in the movie "Hero," which was a success and brought Shroff to the public's attention.
Awards[change | change source]
- 1990: Won: Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Parinda
- 1994: Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Gardish
- 1994: Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Khalnayak
- 1995: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – 1942: A Love Story
- 1996: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Rangeela
- 1997: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Agni Sakshi
- 2002: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Yaadein
- 2001: Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role – Mission Kashmir
- 2003: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Devdas
- 2007: Special Honour Jury Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema
- 2014: Won: The Original Rockstar GQ
- 2016: Won: HT Most Stylish Living Legend Award.
- 2017: Won: Raj Kapoor Award - Received by yesteryear actress Rakhee Gulzar: 30 April 2017.
- 2017: Won: Received the 20th anniversary of JP Dutta's Border movie Award: 12th June 2017.