July 26, 1926
Powderly, Kentucky, U.S.
|Died||April 6, 2015 (aged 88)|
Hickory, North Carolina, U.S.
|Residence||Lake Murray, South Carolina|
|Occupation||Movie, television, voice actor, artist, acting coach, college professor, singer and songwriter, guitarist|
(2) Jobee Ayers (married, 1959-1977, divorced)
(3) Dorothy Best (1986-2015)
|Children||Gary, Janeen, and Jojami Best|
James Best (July 26, 1926 – April 6, 2015) was an American actor. He is best known for his starring role as bumbling Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane in the CBS television series The Dukes of Hazzard. He has also worked as an acting coach, artist, college professor, and musician.
References[change | change source]
- "Stories of the Century: "Little Britches", June 17, 1954". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved September 16, 2012.
- James Best, sheriff of ‘Hazzard,’ dies in Hickory at 88
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to James Best at Wikimedia Commons
- James Best on IMDb
- James Best at AllMovie
- James Best's website
- James Best Bio at HazzardNet.com
- James Best Crystal Reel Awards