Patterson in 2019
|Born||James Brendan Patterson|
March 22, 1947
Newburgh, New York, US
|Alma mater||Manhattan College|
|Genre||Mystery, young adult fiction, thriller, comedy, realistic fiction, romance|
|Notable works||The Alex Cross series, the Women's Murder Club series, the Maximum Ride series, the Michael Bennett series, the Middle School series, and the I Funny series|
James Brendan Patterson (born March 22, 1947) is an American author and philanthropist.
His works are the Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women's Murder Club, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, NYPD Red, Witch and Wizard, and Private series, as well as many stand-alone thrillers, non-fiction and romance novels.
His books have sold more than 300 million copies and he was the first person to sell 1 million e-books. In 2016, Patterson topped Forbes's list of highest-paid authors for the third consecutive year, with an income of $95 million.
His total income over a decade is about $700 million, making him the richest author in the world.
References[change | change source]
- "Author James Patterson giving $1M to independent bookstores". USA Today. February 19, 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- First author to sell more than 1 million e-books:
On 6 July 2010, the Hachette Book Group announced that James Patterson (USA), creator of the Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series of novels, was the first author to exceed one million sales in e-books, moving 1.14 million units of his books for devices like Kindle and the iPad.
- Forbes’s highest-paid authors 2016 (in US dollars), The Guardian, 3 August 2016
- "James Patterson – The Richest Author in the World". notjustrich.com. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website United States
- Official website United Kingdom
- James Patterson at the Internet Book List
- James Patterson on IMDb
- "James Patterson". 10 Questions for. Time Magazine. July 5, 2010.